Radio personality wants Waukesha to be WauKe$ha Thursday | Arts & Culture
A Milwaukee area radio personality wants the city of Waukesha to change its name to WauKe$ha come Thursday because hit pop singer Ke$ha will be in town.
WRNW-FM, better known as 97-3 Radio Now, afternoon DJ Riggs wrote an open letter to Waukesha Mayor Jeff Scrima, telling him about his idea.
"There is no need for any fancy plaques, or gaudy ceremonies, unless you feel the need to coordinate," he writes.
No other station in the market has asked a city to change their name for a band.
Jeff Scrima has not yet responded to the message.
To read the letter in its entirety, go to www.973radionow.com.
UPDATE 8/25: According to an email from Mayor Scrima to Riggs posted on his Facebook account, he asks that Ke$ha rename herself "Waukesha" in honor of performing down the road. This was after Ke$ha herself left a voicemail on the mayor's phone telling the city personally to change to WauKe$ha tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Waukesha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects flag down officers before being arrested for drugs
- Greenhouse says with 180K square feet, heating is challenging
- Germantown K9 officer finds drugs on coat inside police station
- Advanced Waste Services files claim against Meno. Falls
- Cleanup of trash blown from landfill by powerful wind continues