Radio personality wants Waukesha to be WauKe$ha Thursday | Arts & Culture
A Milwaukee area radio personality wants the city of Waukesha to change its name to WauKe$ha come Thursday because hit pop singer Ke$ha will be in town.
WRNW-FM, better known as 97-3 Radio Now, afternoon DJ Riggs wrote an open letter to Waukesha Mayor Jeff Scrima, telling him about his idea.
"There is no need for any fancy plaques, or gaudy ceremonies, unless you feel the need to coordinate," he writes.
No other station in the market has asked a city to change their name for a band.
Jeff Scrima has not yet responded to the message.
To read the letter in its entirety, go to www.973radionow.com.
UPDATE 8/25: According to an email from Mayor Scrima to Riggs posted on his Facebook account, he asks that Ke$ha rename herself "Waukesha" in honor of performing down the road. This was after Ke$ha herself left a voicemail on the mayor's phone telling the city personally to change to WauKe$ha tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Waukesha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sprinkler pipe bursts, shuts down Lake Country Lutheran H.S.
- DNR: Snowmobilers should stay off trails until given “green flag”
- Operation Drive Sober initiative results in six OWI arrests
- Nelson Mandela: His impact on American activism, politics & pop culture
- Day spa receives calls from angry Walmart customers